The following guide is to help you install and correctly configure MS SQL Express for WebroomsSync. Please note that if PC you wish to install WebroomsSync on is using Windows 8 or higher, please install MS SQL Express 2017 instead.
- Download MS SQL Express from here
- When given the options below, choose New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation
3) Accept Licence Terms and click next
4) A restart maybe required to proceed past this point; if necessary, please restart
5) Choose the default feature set. It doesn't matter if the root directory is not the same as what you see below, and click Next
6) Set the Named Instance to WebroomsSyncInst and click Next
7) Ensure both the SQL Server Database Engine and the SQL Server Browser are both set to Startup Type: Automatic, then click Next.
8) Ensure Authentication Mode is set to "Mixed Mode". Create an administrator password and make a note of this.
9) Click Add... and add System as an SQL Server Administrator, then click OK
10) At this point you should see both the current Logged on User and NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (SYSTEM) in the list of SQL Server administrators. Click Next to proceed with the installation.
11) Once the installation is complete, you will see the screen below. Ensure every Status is "Succeeded" and the click Close.