Keyless Entry allows issuing of door keys to a guest's mobile device. For the best guest and front desk experience, it is important that this is configured correctly, and the key issuing process is well understood by staff.
Please follow the linked articles for more detail on each concept.
It is assumed you already have a Webrooms profile and pre-configured GuestFolder app. Contact us for assistance with this if necessary.
- Configure the connection to your key provider, ASSA ABLOY/VisionLine
- Configure VisiOnline on your network
- Install Webrooms Sync on your network to communicate between VisiOnline and Webrooms
- Configure your Rooms (including "Common" rooms such as pool, exterior doors, car park etc) in Webrooms
There are various concepts which must be known in order for a key to be issued. This order in which this information can be gathered may vary a little, but it all must be gathered before a key is issued.
- The guest must have a Booking in Webrooms. Additional guests to the original booker may need to be added.
- One or more guests must have your GuestFolder app on their device, and have registered and/or logged themselves in to it. Encourage the guest to install your app, and create a profile on it.
- Room(s) must be allocated to the guest(s) on the booking
- Key(s) must be assigned to the appropriate guest device(s)
Managing and revoking existing keys
This article explains editing of revoking keys as follows:
- Property wide mobile keys can be viewed and managed
- Booking specific mobile keys can be viewed and managed
- Key expiry dates may be modified to trigger an immediate expiry (revokation), or to extend the current expiry as necessary.
Guest Key Usage
- Guests use their mobile app to view and use keys as appropriate.